Thursday, May 8, 2014

Discovery Through Writing

Today I did a lot of things that I thought I wouldn't do.

So today I did something that I thought I wouldn't do and that is taking risk on love. Love that I'm talking about doesn't have to be the love that you feel towards someone in a romantic way, it can be love you feel towards your family or your friends. And I never thought I would do it, but I did. I took the first step on showing and telling the love I feel towards someone. It was the most terrifying moment, but I still don't know how it will turn out but at least I try to do something about it right?

Now, I had English exam this morning and I think it went well and in the second part of the question was to do a creative writing, and you can choose the topic you want to write about and I chose: Discoveries.

When you hear the word discovery you probably started thinking about archaeology or things that are science related. But no, I did not wrote about anything that are science related, instead I wrote about something that you might can relate to.

We all longing to discover new things; new place; new experience. We see things and we see people as if there is nothing interesting about them. And you've got the urge to discover new things.

Never I have ever read a book that I can really relate to or the kind of book that worth reading, never I have ever read a book so good it become my new favourite book. And never I have ever met a person who unexpectedly turn out to have such an amazing talent or personality for example.

So then I started reading books that mean something, books that someone might can relate to or books that you can learn from. I started watching and reading more news, to know what is going on around me. To know what is going on in this world that I'm living. When I am doing something or spending my time with someone, I sometime like pressing a pause button or a slow motion button, to enjoy the moment, to remember that moment as I someday will look back and I might thank myself for doing that. Thanking myself for taking the time to feel what I felt at the time. To appreciate the thing that I currently have.

I started to notice the change in the way I talk,
I started to notice the change in the way I think,
I started to notice the change in the way I dressed,
And I started to notice the change in the way others talk, think and dressed.
I started to notice them as if they just got here, they just magically appeared in front of me, in this world, in this planet that I am living. Then when I was trying not to be an ignorant by learning new things, those people got those urge to discover new things. To go through the same phases I just went through. And without us realizing, we become interested in each other. To be each other's teacher, student and friends. And others become interesting.

I started to notice the tiny details that I wouldn't notice before. And I discover other's true self. I discover that, people are all predictable but if you change the way you see things, they will still be predictable, but you see something else; you see that there is a small part of them left that can be discover. I discovered who my true friends are and I discovered that even though love is full of uncertainty, but so does life, and we don't seem too scared to go on with our life, so why should we feel scared on taking risk on love?

From all of these changes, without me realizing, I also discovered the most important thing, and that is, myself. Through all of this I discovered, me. I discovered that I am more than I thought I was. I discovered that I can be more than I was before, and I can be more than I am now.

Discoveries. Is there anything else that is still worth discovering? Is there?!

The concept of discovery doesn't have to be discovering new solution to physics or mathematical problems or the discovery of a cure of a certain disease. There is something or someone around you that is worth and waiting to be discover, see things differently, and you will see the change.

Through writing those essay I realized things that I never before, and I found some joy through this. Through writing. and the essay that I wrote was no longer a fiction, 'cause its true, through writing, I discover who I am, who I was, who I want to be, who my friends are, who are worth fighting for, who are better cut off from my life and who I might take for granted but I want them in my life. As it turned out, writing that essay help me discovered things I never thought I would even realized it in real life.

 Therefore, all I can say is that, through writing I discover it all.

No comments: