Friday, December 4, 2015

AN ABSOLUTE GREAT DAY IS ALWAYS FILLED WITH EITHER GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT BOOK OR GREAT CONVERSATION OR ALL OF IT IN ONE (AT LEAST FOR ME)

I started today thinking how nice it would be to sleep in and watch some movies or series but unfortunately I have to shower and get ready for work, I mustn't be late especially today since one of the owner and the founder of Sejauh Mata Memandang (the exhibition that I was working at) is coming to held a lecture of how to use and apply different kinds of techniques in using batik/kain.

Though it would be nice to sleep in and be a potato-couch even just for today, but I feel very fortunate that I accepted this job. Not just because I get extra cash but its also because I met a lot of interesting, inspiring and such kind people. I've smiled more in the last 48 hours more than I have in the last couple of months. I've met a lady from the North if I wasn't mistaken, these two young women who were trying to start up their own brand, and mba Citra Subyakto herself, her assistant (a wise women I must say) and a lot of other interesting, wise women. 

What I saw today wasn't only people come to an event where a little lady giving tips on how to use "kain" but it was also these successful people came to give their knowledge, to inspire and to be inspired. They tried to help each other, lifting them up instead of trying to tear each other down. They all gathered to appreciate and to share their appreciation towards our culture. The Indonesian culture. 

After the event was finished and before the gallery was closed, I get to spend an hour or so talking and sharing my never ending life problems to a very wise woman and lets just call her, O. In that one or two hours that I spend with O, I got a lot of useful advice from her more than I ever got from talking to anyone in one long day. 


I will tell you a lot more about what happened today but due to the fact that I can't keep my eyes open, I'm going to continue this post when I can! 

No comments: