Thursday, April 30, 2015

THE GHOST OF HER SCARS

you come to my house, 
writes a poem on the wall in lipstick, 
pulls out all our sad records,
becomes the memory
I can't face,
and becomes the unforgettable 
darkness.

somebody keeps trying 
to find the light switch,
trying to find the off button,
and I'll just keep saying sorry,
even if i try, 
I can't tell you
how I fluctuate between extremes
over and over again

and even if i try,
I can't tell you
when one day you just wake up 
and feel the void around you
but that rock bottom isn't deep enough.
so I swallow all those words,
because trying to survive
the endless storms 
while drowning at the same time 

and watching you scream
and as I watch you try 
to console me
all I heard you say was, "we all have it. you need to stop."
as if its all in my head,
so I keep saying sorry
keep telling the same lie,
but you don't deserve to hear any of it
so fuck you and the rest of the world,
I don't owe you, any of you, anything.

a man used his lips
to kissed my cheek,
he wrap his twisted, sickening itch
around me.
he crafted a glittering scars.
and with a touch of fingers,
a woman grow thorns around me,
crafting another wall of scars.

they did the crime and did the time,
but time can't bring the soul back.
not even a hint of sorry.
broken promises is all I get,
and you think you deserve a way in to my mind?
you think you have the privilege to tell me 
what and how to feel and think?

let me bury you
and the rest of the world
under the fierce scream of those people
with broken souls
that searches for a broken home they called love.

let me smother you
and the rest of the world
with agony,
until it scars your soul 
and make you love the taste of heartbreak,
a taste that leads to insurmountable ache.
because I owe you nothing,
and that's all I'm going to give.


– C.L.

No comments: