Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Soldier On

So my friend tiba2 sent me a bunch of links of blogs, berisi dengan poetry. There are so many poets that I like but this is totally my favourite.

"I'm used to
shattering,
but I'm pretty sure
that at some point
soldiers got used
to the war.

I become an expert
at putting pieces
back together,
but I'm pretty sure
that soldiers
became experts
at wrapping wounds.

You get used to pain,
you get used to routine,
sometimes you get used
to breaking yourself
into pieces so small
that you seem to cease
to exist.

Soldiers get used
to aiming shots,
they get used
to hiding in trenches,
to sleeping in tents
to living without
their loved ones.

There is a difference
between getting used to
and enjoying,
between getting used to
and what is right,
between being numb
and getting used to."

Soldier On.
Julia Pollacco

Cynthia Clara,
xxx

The Poetry Revolutionary - Soldier On

No comments: